Thinking about joining CPF?
Information for non-members:
Why should you and your family join?
In addition to receiving provincial and national newsletters keeping you informed about French second language issues, you will receive discounts with reputable providers of French language products and services, and access to member-only events such as summer camps. But really, you should join because you care about your child’s education. Your membership gives CPF a stronger voice to advocate for access to quality FSL education with ministers and administrators at the national and provincial/territorial levels and with school boards in your community. Join for only $25/year or $60/3 years. Be sure to include your spouse/partner on your application form! Each family is entitled to two votes!
Why should your school, district or organization join as an associate member?
It is mandatory that schools and districts be members in order to send district winners of the Provincial Concours d’art oratoire. Associate members receive up to 10 copies of provincial and national newsletters and mailings to keep school staff and volunteers up-to-date on French Second Language education in BC, Yukon and across Canada, a $250 value. Associate members will be able to attend CPF conferences at member rates and will have access to the latest research in the members-only section of the CPF national website. Most importantly, though, membership demonstrates that schools, districts and organizations endorse the goals and activities of CPF.
Top 10 reasons to why you should join Canadian Parents for French
You’ve already made important decisions about your children’s education by enrolling them in French. But you may not be sure of ways you can continue to help. Experts say that French immersion works best when kids and their parents can take part in French extra-curricular activities, and when school programs are of high quality, well-funded and well-promoted. That’s what Canadian Parents for French is all about!
- 10 A Strong Voice! With more than 8,000 members in BC and 24,000 across Canada, Canadian Parents For French is a powerful voice for second-language programs. In fact CPF parents are behind the emergence of just about every immersion program in BC.
- 9 Focus On French! We are the only non-profit organization in Canada whose focused on second-language learning in the public school system. If we don’t address your concerns, who will?
- 8 Resources! CPF has resources available to help you help your child in French. Our newsletter and website are packed with information about French second-language materials and activities. We also solicit and disseminate research on a whole range of topics including the cognitive benefits of French, French and multiculturalism, and learning disabilities.
- 7 Trouble Shooting! Wondering what to do if your child can’t read? Should children with learning disabilities stay in French immersion? Can your child go into immersion if she doesn’t speak English well? What if my child’s text book is 20 years out-of-date? CPF has chapters and representatives in at least 45 communities in BC and Yukon to help answer these kinds of questions and more. We are here to serve our members.
- 6 CPF parents! Organize hundreds of French-language activities and events all around the region every year. We offer countless opportunities to help your child have fun in French: Summer camps, film festivals, science day camps, swimming lessons, public-speaking competitions, etc.
- 5 Encouragement! CPF offers bursaries and scholarships to students going on to pursue French after high school and to university graduates planning to teach immersion in the region.
- 4 Promotion! CPF speaks at day cares and pre-schools, kindergarten and late immersion information nights and public events. We publish and distribute information about the benefits and variety of French educational programs, helping to keep enrolment high, so your child’s educational program remains rich and secure.
- 3 Public Speaking! CPF organizes Concours d’Art Oratoire, a national public speaking competition in which more than 10,000 students compete for great prizes each year including books, cash, trips to Ottawa and $20,000 in university scholarships.
- 2 Volunteer Satisfaction! Being part of CPF is rewarding and exciting and you don’t have to speak French! It’s the perfect opportunity to bolster your resume while staying engaged in your child’s educational and recreational life.
… the number one reason to become a member
- 1 Your Child! Do it because you care about your child’s education. Help us continue to create and sustain strong, vibrant and exciting French educational, cultural and sporting activities for your child. Join Today!
Maple Ridge Pitt Meadows Chapter would like to thank you for your support. If you have any questions please feel free to email.
To become a member using the online form visit http://cpf.ca/en/membership/
If you need more information please Contact: Alison Ailles at firstname.lastname@example.org